The mixture of architectures from different eras, the narrow and intricate streets and squares always full of life are the hallmark of the Gothic quarter of Barcelona. In the old downtown stands out churches and palaces full of secrets from past centuries. The unique buildings coexist with several monuments and turn every corner into a romantic postcard. During this enjoyable route, we will discover the ancient constructions full of stories, as well as the details that resist over the time. Shall we start?
The tour begins at Cathedral’s square, from where we start the guided walking tour through the Gothic and Born districts. Walking by, we will visit the most important architectural icons, such as the Roman towers, the Cathedral or the church of Santa María del Mar, really popular nowadays due to the series based on the novel ‘The Cathedral of the Sea’ by Ildefonso Falcones. We will also discover traditional legends of Barcelona, such as Santa Eulàlia, Sant Jordi or Ca l’Ardiaca, and enjoy the exclusivity of observing the remains of a Roman funerary temple. Throughout the route, we will have the company of professional guides who will answer any questions.
Church of Santa María del Mar
The visit will end back to the Cathedral’s square, where the Gaudí Exhibition Center awaits us. The creative life of the genius Antoni Gaudí, his inspiring imaginary, the references that marked his style and his works will close this essential tour during any visit to Barcelona. With this combined ticket, you will discover the history of the city as well as enjoy the architectural and artistic heritage of the architect during an aesthetic journey following the plot of his own life.
- Discover Barcelona’s old town.
- Less than 30 people per group in order to guarantee the quality of the visit.
- Visit the remains of Roman, Medieval and Modern Barcelona. Immerse yourself in its history.
- Explore Antoni Gaudi’s creativity.
- Meeting point in front of Gaudí Exhibition Center’s box office.
- Monolingual or bilingual guide.
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic quarter.
- Guided walking tour of the Born district.
- Ticket and audioguide for the Gaudí Exhibition Center museum (if selected).
- Tickets to the cathedral of Barcelona
- Tickets to the Basilica of Santa María del Mar.
- Tickets to Santa Maria del Pi.
- Meals or other services not specified.
- Pick up and return to the hotel.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Tour departure from the Gaudí Exhibition Center at 11:30 and 14:30.
- We recommended arriving 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- This tour is monolingual or bilingual (Spanish – English).
- Keep in mind it is a walking tour so we recommend to wear comfortable shoes.
- For more information and group reservations outside the established hours, please contact via email info@gaudíexhibitioncenter.com or call 932 687 582.